We make every effort to ensure that our website is accessible and easy to use for everyone.
We make every effort to ensure that our website is accessible and easy to use for everyone, no matter what browser you choose to use, whether or not you have any disabilities and regardless of your experience using the internet.
We are working to achieve AA of the WCAG 2 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
We aim to deliver;
- accessible web content
- maintain consistent and clear electronic information
- ensure information within the site is of the maximum value to the customer
- comply with legislative requirements and website best practice guidance
This specifically applies to this website www.bromley.gov.uk and underpins all council owned websites, sub-sites and microsites managed by us.
Usability and accessibility
- Print friendly option on every page
- We use "Siteimprove" to monitor the quality and accessibility of our pages
- Tests to ensure our pages can be viewed through all web browsers
- An option to increase text size is available from the top of each page within the banner of our site
- We aim to ensure a detailed alternative text (alt-text) is applied to all images
- We aim to ensure that we have meaningful text hyperlinks throughout the site
- We use headings, paragraphs lists to create a logical HTML (Hypertext Mark-up Language) page structure
- Plain backgrounds to improve text readability
- Background and foreground colour combinations that have strong contrast
- Our site navigation and structure is consistent to make it easy to find your way around it
- Our search facility uses Google and is situated on the top, right hand side of every page
- We provide an A to Z of council services which is located at the top of every page
- We have Access keys to enable you to navigate the site quickly and easily using the keyboard
- Plain English, we aim to make our pages easy to understand.
- Documents on our site will usually be in Adobe PDF format or Microsoft office formats such as Word or Excel. There is a link to our help page about downloading documents from our site on every document download page. If you use assistive technology to view pdf's go to www.adobe.com/accessibility for further information.
- We use analytics software on our website to capture basic information about how our website is being used. From the browsers, to pages and services being access and the search terms that are entered.
- We are working on improving the accessibility of those pages that do not currently conform to the w3c standards, including some external applications.
Accessibility queries - We are continuously seeking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any pages with an accessibility problem please email us.
Address: Bromley Knowledge Team (website office) E26, Civic Centre, Stockwell, Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH