Delivering good governance in local government
This framework is based upon the following six core principles of good governance:
- Focusing on the purpose of the authority and on outcomes for the community and creating and implementing a vision for the local area.
- Members and Officers working together to achieve a common purpose with clearly defined function and roles.
- Promoting values for the authority and demonstrating the values of good governance through upholding high standards of conduct and behaviour.
- Taking informed and transparent decisions which are subject to effective scrutiny and managing risks.
- Developing the capacity and capability of Members and Officers to be effective.
- Engaging with local people and other stakeholders to ensure robust public accountability.
View or download the Bromley Council Corporate Code of Governance.