High Elms Country Park Local Nature Reserve
250 acres of woodland and meadows to explore.
Shire Lane, Farnborough, BR6 7JH.
High Elms Country Park offers 250 acres of countryside to explore combined with a 150-acre golf course, which together form the High Elms Estate, originally the country home of the Lubbock family.
The estate is 15 miles from central London, located on the ridge of the North Downs on the rim of the Thames basin. Visitors to the estate can enjoy the woodlands, nature centre, ice well, formal gardens and wildflower meadows.
The site is also home to BEECHE (Bromley Environmental Education Centre at High Elms) which is a sustainable education and visitor centre with a café and two large multi-functional rooms for use by community groups, local businesses and schools.
High Elms is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and a Local Nature Reserve, enjoying the support of local environmental groups as well as the Friends of High Elms, Natural England and the Forestry Commission. There are chalk meadows and woodlands that support a variety of wildlife including species that are rare in London.
The Bromley Ranger Service operates from High Elms and works on Bromley owned parks and countryside sites.
- There are two car parks, both off High Elms Road Main car park (Sat Nav coordinates: N51.35238 E0.07449;) Cuckoo Wood (N51.34316 E0.06611)
- Public toilets
- BEECHE and Green Roof Cafe
- Environmental Education Service
- Nature Trail (leaflet available)
- High Elms Audio Trail (aimed at 11 -16 years)
- Trampers - all terrain wheelchairs for use at High Elms
- Walking for Health
- Find out about access and facilities on the DisableGo website
Countryside and parks service
Tel: 01689 862815
Fax: 01689 861347
High Elms Country Park, Shire Lane, Orpington, BR6 7JH