School admissions terms and conditions
Documents required to support a school application
Additional information may be requested if necessary including proof of a move to the applicant address if it has taken place within the last 12 months.
Admission to primary schools/infant schools
Reception intake September 2018
- Current Bromley council tax statement
- Birth certificate for the child – full version including parent/s name/s
- A photocopy of the child benefit entitlement letter* dated after September 2016 showing the child’s name and date of birth.
Transfer to secondary school
Year 7 intake September 2018
- A photocopy of the child benefit entitlement letter*dated after September 2016 showing the child’s name and date of birth.
- Birth certificate for the child - full version including parents names.
- Bromley Admissions check council tax records for all applicants
*The child benefit letter is produced by HM Revenue & Customs regardless of whether you receive child benefit payments.
To request a copy, call HM Revenue & Customs on 0300 200 3100, for the voice activation service. Give these answers:
Child benefit / Speak to an advisor / Education (choose from list of options) / No (are you the customer named on the claim) / No (would you like to hear the information again) then hold for an advisor. Confirm to the advisor that the letter is needed to support an application for school.
HM Revenue & Customs must be kept updated with details of any change in circumstances and claim forms should be completed for all children as child benefit entitlement records are used for National Insurance purposes and other allowances.
However, if your immigration status gives you no recourse to public funds and you are therefore not entitled to register for child benefit, we need both items below:
- A copy of the personal details pages from your passport to show issue details and visa status.
- A copy of the personal details pages from your child’s passport to show issue details and visa status.
In Year Applications
Documents required are listed on the relevant In Year application form.