Building control regulation approval
You need to apply for Building Regulations approval if you are replacing the whole of the fixed frame and opening parts of one or more windows. If you are considering replacing your windows, contact us for advice or use the application form below.
You do not need to apply for building regulation approval if:
- a company registered under a Competent Person Scheme i.e. FENSA, BSI or CERTASS replaces your windows (this can include replacement of structural elements to a bay window). On completion FENSA, BSI or CERTASS will notify us for our records;
- replacing broken glass;
- replacing fogged double glazed units;
- replacing rotten sashes or parts of the window frame.
You DO need to apply for building regulation approval if:
- you are replacing the whole of the fixed frame and opening parts of the windows not being installed by a FENSA, BSI or CERTASS approved installer. Use the Building Notice Replacement Window form to apply.
- [if] work involves any structural alteration, e.g. widening of openings, providing any new openings or replacement of structural elements except in bay windows, when we will need to see structural details and calculations to support your proposals. Use the Building Notice application form to apply.
Fees vary, you can download a table of charges.
How to apply
Use the replacement windows building notice application form and enclose the correct payment.