Council tax discounts and disregards
Other discounts and disregards
If you wish to apply for one of the discount categories listed below, please contact us for more information.
- School and college leavers: 18 or 19 year olds who leave school or college between 1 May and 31 October in any year.
- Person in detention: People who are being detained are disregarded while in custody or prison unless they are detained for non-payment of council tax.
- Apprentices: A person is an apprentice if he or she is employed to learn a trade or profession and is undertaking a training programme leading to a qualification.
- Members of religious communities: Persons who are member of religious communities for the principal occupation of prayer, contemplation, education, the relief of suffering or a combination of these.
- Members (and dependants) of visiting forces
- Person with diplomatic privilege or immunity
- Members (and dependants) of international headquarters and defence organisations
- Residents of hostels for the homeless or night shelters: Anyone who is resident in accommodation for the homeless
- Non-British spouses of students: A person who is a spouse or dependant of a student