Nationality checking service
Joint nationality checking and passport application service
Customers who use our nationality checking service are now also able to apply for their UK passport at the same time as their citizenship application.
If your citizenship application is successful, and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.
This new service costs an additional £20 per applicant, the fee, cash please, will be taken at the appointment. Please call us to book your appointment. You should complete the passport application form prior to attending the appointment.
There are a few important differences that you need to know.
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form, before attending the appointment. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
- The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. Applicant’s name should be written on the back of the photographs. The photograph for the passport application should not be affixed to the passport form.
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
- The payment mandate on page 25 of the application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box. Please do not complete the barcode section on the payment mandate, this will be completed by the checking officer once a new barcode has been allocated.
- If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.