Nationality document return service
If you have completed an online citizenship application you can use this service to have the supporting documents copied and certified at Bromley Register Office. This means that you will keep your passport and other essential documents while your application is being considered by the Home Office.
This is not a checking or advice service. We are only permitted to photocopy your documents and return the originals to you. The copies that we make will be certified and are sent by us to the Home Office using Royal Mail or DX special delivery.
You must have completed an online citizenship application to the Home Office
You must be able to attend an appointment at the Register Office within 10 working days of submitting your online application, so please call us to check availability
All adults must attend the appointment.
You must bring:
- The completed checklist which will be printed out once your application has been submitted online
- Your online application confirmation clearly showing your payment notification number
- All supporting documents
- Referee page of application with photograph attached
Fees and Charges:
Fee for each applicant:
£55, includes postage up to 500g (paid at point of booking)
500g – 2kg additional £20
2kg – 10kg additional £30
Above 10kg additional £40
Joint Citizenship and Passport Application Service
This service is optional and can be done at the same appointment as the NDRS.
If you have made an online application to the Home Office, you can apply for your UK passport at the same time.
Fee: £20 per applicant, the fee will be taken at the point of booking the appointment..
The passport application form should be completed clearly and fully before the appointment with reference to the points below:
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form before attending the appointment. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
- The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. Applicant’s name should be written on the back of the photographs
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
- The payment mandate on Page 25 of the application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box. Please do not complete the barcode section on the payment mandate, this will be completed by the checking officer once a new barcode has been allocated.
- If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.
This service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office.