Houses in multiple occupation - advice for landlords

HMO licensing

An  HMO licence is  required for any house in multiple occupation, comprising three or more storeys or floors and is occupied by five or more persons, (of whatever age) in two or more households, where the accommodation is not entirely self-contained. Please see the Housing Act 2004 for a full definition.

Guidance notes


New applications for a five year licence £200 per unit of accommodation

Renewal of a licence £135 per unit of accommodation 

Apply for a licence


Apply for or to change a licence for a house in multiple occupation

By post

Print, complete and return the HMO licence application form

Eugo Logo