Library reservations and requests
The reservations and requests service is available at every Bromley library and also, for items already in stock, via the library catalogue.
Who can make a reservation
Current members of Bromley libraries.
How to make a reservation
You can check our online library catalogue and, if the item is already in stock, reserve something yourself or, if we do not already have a copy you can use our staff-assisted request service. Any item we obtain for you will be sent to the branch of your choice for you to borrow.If an item is considered unsuitable for permanent stock or is unavailable for purchase we can attempt to borrow it on your behalf from another library authority. We belong to a sophisticated network which links libraries across the South East and the rest of the U.K. and we are also able to call on the resources of the British Library and some academic and special libraries for more specialised material or books that prove difficult to obtain. In some cases, however, we may not be able to obtain the material you request.
You may reserve items in stock directly from the online library catalogue, including
- fiction and non-fiction books
- audio books on tape or CD
- music CDs
- videos and DVDs
- PlayStation games
- music scores
You may wish to check the regularly updated lists of new items added to stock to help you find something of interest.
Self-reservation:You will need a password to reserve items yourself from the catalogue. If you do not have a password please ask at your local library.
- search the online library catalogue to find the in-stock item you want.
- display the full record.
- use the "Make Reservation" button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- enter your library card barcode number and password when prompted.
- select the library at which you wish to collect the item and click on the "Make reservation" button.
- if your reservation is successful you will receive a confirmation message on screen - if you have an email registered with the library you will also get a confirmation email.
- you will receive postal or email confirmation when your item is ready for collection (unless you have opted for no notification).
- for further information on reserving items yourself please ask at your local library.
Use this service in your local library for out-of-stock items and a much wider range of materials, including:
- photocopied articles
- theses and conference materials
- performance sets for choirs and orchestras
- plays and playsets
- materials for visually impaired people
How much does it cost
Refer to our current fees and charges for further information or pick up a copy at your local library.