Animal boarding establishment licence
To run a boarding kennel or cattery, you need a licence from the local authority. The number of dogs and cats that may be accommodated will be specified on the licence along with other specific conditions.
Home boarding of cats or dogs
If you wish to If you wish to board either cats or dogs within a domestic environment then you can apply for a home boarders licence.
A home boarders licence limits the number of animals to a maximum of 5 (five) including resident animals. This is subject to different licence conditions and a reduced fee. Please see the guidance below.
The cost of an animal boarding establishment licence is £220 (Vet fee) plus £4.45 per cat or dog. The larger establishments are capped at 100 animals.
The cost of a home boarding establishment licence is £152.
Through our partnership with EUGO you can make and pay for your application online. When you make your application this way you only have to complete one set of forms and we will pass these on to all other responsible authorities for you.
- Apply for an animal boarding establishment licence
- Apply for a change to an animal boarding establishment licence
- Apply to renew an animal boarding establishment licence
- print, complete and return the animal boarding licence application/renewal form
- contact us for the forms to be sent to you