Skip licensing

Skip permit

EUGO logo

A permit is required if you wish to place a builder's skip on any part of the highway.

Only skip operating companies can apply for a permit and they are responsible for ensuring that all appropriate regulations are followed.

Please note: the householder or the building contractor is not responsible for obtaining the permit. The responsibility for obtaining a licence rests solely with the skip supply company.


Licence Cost  Licence period
Skip £34 14 days
Large storage container £195 Three months
Roll on/off skips £195 Three months

A licence extension/renewal will require a new application

Guidance notes

Notes about applying for a skip permit

Apply for a permit


Through our partnership with EUGO you can

By post

You can check if a skip is licensed by viewing the list of temporary highways licences granted for skips and materials on public roads in the borough

You can look at our skip company register to see a list of which companies are approved to issue skips within the borough. 

Customer contact centre

Tel: 0300 303 8658

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH