Lottery registration guide
Any persons or societies who wish to hold lotteries must be registered with the Council before the lottery takes place. There are certain types of lotteries which do not require registering, as listed in the details.
DetailsA lottery is a distribution of prizes by lot or chance where you pay a stake to enter.
Small lotteries that do not require registration include lotteries at:
- dinner dances;
- sporting or athletic events;
- sales of work.
- for members of one society, which is established and conducted for purposes not connected with gaming, betting or lotteries, e.g. a lottery for a football club;
- for people who work on the same premises.
- societies set up for charitable purposes, to support athletic sports games or cultural activity; or
- other purposes not for private gain or part of a commercial activity.
CostThe cost of registration is £40. Cheques to be made payable to "Bromley LB". The cost of registration renewal is £20
- print and complete a lottery registration application form;
- contact us for the forms to be sent to you