Bromley Town Centre improvements
A better Bromley Town Centre
In continuation of the highly successful Bromley North Village public realm improvements, Bromley Council is now improving the pedestrianised High Street between Market Square and Elmfield Road.
The improvements will be carried out in two phases:
Between September and the end of November 2017 the paving will be re-laid between Market square and Marks and Spencer.
- a relocated and improved street market between the Churchill Theatre and Market Square
- new high quality granite similar to that used in Market Square and improved street lighting
- feature lighting of buildings
- a multi-purpose public space in the in front of the High Street, Churchill Theatre frontage
- the introduction of two eye catching reflective canopies
- the introduction of two commercial units on the High Street
- an urban garden of raised planters with trees and plants
With the addition of new seating throughout the High Street, it will continue to evolve from not just being a destination for shopping but also a place to linger and socialise.