We use personal injury accident data recorded by the police to highlight problem sites by looking at where clusters of accidents appear and the causes of these accidents.
Whilst we are the largest London borough, with the largest road network and one of the highest car ownerships, accidents have continued to decline over a number of years.
The information obtained from the accident details is used by:
- Road Safety Officers and Traffic Engineers in prioritising and targeting problem sites
- Road Safety Officers:
- to decide routes for the walking bus scheme and safer routes to school
- when working on statistics projects as part of the traffic education scheme in local schools
- local residents requesting details of accidents on a particular road
- businesses (there is a charge of £35)
- consultancy and engineering firms in the planning stages of a project
- solicitors requesting details of accidents on a particular road.
If you would like to request accident data please contact us.