Obstructions on roads and pavements
If your journey is obstructed by something that overhangs the pavement or road, or has been unlawfully placed in the street, contact us. We will investigate and take enforcement action if appropriate.
Our aim is to ensure drivers and pedestrians can travel around the borough freely and safely. Obstructing roads or pavements is an offence, and we will seek to prosecute offenders.
Obstructions could include:
- Builders' skips or materials without a highway licence
- Overhanging tree branches and hedges
- Flytipped rubbish
- Unauthorised signs or advertising boards
- illegally parked or abandoned vehicles
- Traders or vendors without a street trading licence
Use the online form to report an obstruction on the road or pavement.
Customer contact centre
Tel: 0300 303 8658
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH