Registering to vote

How to register

To be able to vote your name must be included on the register of electors.

Between August and October every year, by law, we prepare a new register of electors.  This is known as the annual canvass.

If you have not yet registered or have moved home recently you can register to vote on the GOV.UK website.

There are special arrangements for your registration if you are

  • a member of the armed forces (or partner),
  • a Crown Servant,
  • a British council employee,
  • other overseas elector

If you are a

  • patient in a mental hospital
  • remand prisoner
  • homeless person

Please contact us for further information.

Electoral services


Tel: 0300 303 8665

Fax: 020 8313 4995

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH