Key stage 2 (KS2) courses
Change and sustainability (KS2)
This course has been specifically designed to meet the geographical objectives for knowledge and understanding of environmental change and sustainable development.
- using High Elms as our study area we will see how the land has changed over the years through maps and photographs
- a closer look at some of the habitats within High Elms and the damage that has been caused
- building on this the reasons why habitats then need to be managed in a sustainable way
- looking at conflict of use - deciding on future quality of peoples lives - this will be done in a fun way through role play but it will bring across quite difficult concepts and understanding in the process
Possible role play characters
- farmers - dog walkers
- dragonflies - housing developers
National Curriculum links
Attainment Target (AT) 2: 1a, b, c, 2a, 5a
All of the knowledge and understanding of environmental change and sustainable development. Breadth of study 6 and/or e
Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA) relevance:
All of unit 20
Sorry, this is not available as a half day course.