Car alarm noise
If you are being affected by a noisy car alarm, contact us and we may be able to take action if it is causing a nuisance.
What we will do
- We first contact the police to find out where the vehicle owner lives
- We then go and see the vehicle to check whether the alarm is causing a nuisance.
- If we consider it is a nuisance and we cannot find the owner we will consider taking formal action under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to switch the alarm off.
- We can serve a notice on the vehicle and employ a contractor to break into it to disable the alarm and then re-secure the vehicle.
- We will recover all the costs we incur at a later date from the vehicle owner.
What you should do
Contact us with the details of the vehicle causing a problem, including
- registration number
- colour of vehicle
In addition we will need the location of the vehicle. Legally, we cannot take anonymous complaints, so we need your personal details, including name, address and a contact telephone number. Be assured, your personal details will be treated as confidential. If you call us outside normal working hours you should use the out of hours emergency number.