Planning application checklists
Advertisement consent checklist
The following checklist should be used in conjunction with the application for advertisement consent.
You may be required to produce a Design and Access Statement to accompany your application if the proposal is in a conservation area or relates to a listed building. Further information is available on applying for planning permission and planning application forms.
Please ensure you have met the following requirements before submitting your application:
- Completed form (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website)
- An up to date plan which identifies the land to which the application relates drawn to a scale of 1:1250 or 1:2500 and on A4 or A3 size paper and showing the direction of North (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website) Sufficient detail such as roads or buildings should be shown on the plan to ensure that the exact location of the site is clear. The application site should be edged with a red line and include all land required for access to the site from a public highway, visibility splays, landscaping, car parking and open areas around buildings. A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant.
- A copy of other plans and drawings or information necessary to describe the subject of the application (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website) including:
- Existing and proposed elevations (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Advertisement drawing(s) (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100) (showing advertisement size, siting, materials and colours to be used, height above ground, extent of projection and details of the method and colour(s) of illumination [if applicable])
- The appropriate planning fee
If you are unsure about which documents you are required to submit, please contact us for informal advice.
Please note: if the proposed advertisement will be on a Listed Building, the Listed Building consent application form (form number 2) should also be completed.