Planning application checklists
Lawful Development Certificate application for existing use or development checklist
The following checklist should be used in conjunction with the application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an existing use or operation or activity including those in breach of a planning condition.
Please ensure you have met the following requirements before sending us your completed application form:
- Completed form (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website)
- A plan identifying the land to which the application relates drawn to an identified scale and showing the direction of North (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website)
- Such evidence verifying the information included in the application as can be provided e.g. sworn affadavit(s) from people with personal knowledge of the existing use or development, or other dated documentation or photographs
- For buildings / extensions, plans of the structures concerned (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically):
- Existing elevations (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing floor plans (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing site survey plan (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Such other information as is considered to be relevant to the application
- The appropriate fee
If you are unsure about which documents you are required to submit, please contact us for informal advice.