Planning application checklists
Planning application checklist
The following checklist should be used in conjunction with the application for planning permission.
Please ensure you have met to following requirements before sending us your completed application form:
- Completed form (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website)
- An up to date plan which identifies the land to which the application relates drawn to a scale of 1:1250 or 1:2500 and on A4 or A3 size paper and showing the direction of North (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website) Sufficient detail such as roads or buildings should be shown on the plan to ensure that the exact location of the site is clear. The application site should be edged with a red line and include all land required for access to the site from a public highway, visibility splays, landscaping, car parking and open areas around buildings. A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant.
- A copy of other plans and drawings or information necessary to describe the subject of the application (4 copies to be supplied unless the application is submitted online via the Planning Portal website) including:
- Block plan of the site (e.g. at a scale of 1:100 or 1:200) showing the position of north, site boundaries and other buildings on the site, with written dimensions including of the external measurements of the proposed extensions/buildings and those to the boundaries. Other matters to be shown (unless these will not influence or be affected by the proposed development) are all the buildings, roads and footpaths on land adjoining the site including access arrangements, all public rights of way crossing or adjoining the site, the position of all trees on the site (and those on adjacent land), the extent and type of any hard surfacing, and boundary treatment including walls or fencing where this is proposed.
- Existing and proposed elevations (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing and proposed floor plans (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100) showing boundaries with written dimensions to them, and external dimensions of the proposed extensions/buildings
- Existing and proposed site sections and finished floor and site levels (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100) - for proposals on sloping sites and that involve a change in levels.
- Roof plans (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100) where changes to the roof are not evident from the elevations.
- The completed Ownership Certificate (A, B, C or D - as applicable) as required by Article 7 of the Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995
- Agricultural Holdings Certificate as required by Article 7 of the Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995
- Design and Access Statement, if required
- The appropriate fee
- In addition, where Ownership Certificates B, C or D have been completed, notice(s) as required by Article 6 of the Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995 must be given and/or published in accordance with this Article
The Council may also require that one or more of the documents set out in the following "Local Requirements" should be submitted before it can validate and register the application:
- Affordable housing statement
- Air quality assessment
- Biodiversity survey and report
- Economic statement
- Environmental statement
- Town Centre Uses - evidence to accompany applications
- Flood risk assessment
- Foul sewage and utilities assessment
- Heritage statement (including historical, archaeological features and Scheduled Ancient Monuments)
- Land Contamination assessment
- Landfill statement
- Landscaping details
- Lighting assessment
- Noise impact assessment
- Open space assessment
- Parking provision
- Photographs and photomontages
- Planning obligations - Draft Head(s) of Terms
- Planning Statement
- Site waste management plan
- Statement of community involvement
- Structural survey
- Telecommunication development - supplementary information
- Transport assessment
- Travel plan
- Tree survey/arboricultural implications
- Ventilation/extraction statement
If you are unsure about which documents you are required to submit, please contact us for informal advice.