Household waste and recycling collections
Black box paper recycling collection
Every week we will collect your black box recycling which could include:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Catalogues and phone books
- Cardboard (flattened) including boxes for pizza, cereal, eggs etc.
- Cardboard tubes (e.g. toilet rolls)
- Cards (e.g birthday, Christmas)
- Shredded paper – place in plastic carrier bag and leave untied
- Hardback books (we cannot recycle the cover - why not give them to charity?)
- Drink and milk cartons
- Tetra Paks (e.g. juice cartons)
If you need another black box for your paper and card, please request one. Please don't use black bags instead of a black box, as we might mistake your recycling for rubbish. However, you can use plastic carrier bags, if you prefer.