Household waste and recycling collections
Black box paper recycling collection
We collect your black box paper recycling every other week, which could include:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Catalogues and phone books
- Cardboard packaging and boxes (flattened or cut up to fit inside your recycling box, or left in a neat, manageable 2ftx3ft bundle next to it) also include boxes for pizza, cereal, eggs etc.
- Cardboard tubes (e.g. toilet rolls)
- Cards (e.g birthday, Christmas)
- Shredded paper – place in plastic carrier bag and leave untied
- Hardback books (we cannot recycle the cover - why not give them to charity?)
- Drink and milk cartons
- Tetra Paks (e.g. juice cartons)
If you need another black box for your paper and card, please request one.
Lids for the boxes are not provided but nets to keep the contents contained are available to buy from libraries and cost £1.20 each. Nets are tied to the box handle to ensure they don't get lost.
Please don't use black bags instead of a black box, as we might mistake your recycling for rubbish. However, you can use plastic carrier bags, if you prefer.
Recycling and waste management
Tel: 0300 303 8658
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH