Household waste and recycling collections
Black box paper recycling collection
Every week we will collect your black box recycling which could include:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Catalogues and phone books
- Cardboard (flattened) including boxes for pizza, cereal, eggs etc.
- Cardboard tubes (e.g. toilet rolls)
- Cards (e.g birthday, Christmas)
- Shredded paper – place in plastic carrier bag and leave untied
- Hardback books (we cannot recycle the cover - why not give them to charity?)
- Drink and milk cartons
- Tetra Paks (e.g. juice cartons)
If you need another black box for your paper and card, please request one. (Lids for the boxes are not provided).
Please don't use black bags instead of a black box, as we might mistake your recycling for rubbish. However, you can use plastic carrier bags, if you prefer.