Green garden waste temporary sites
To provide you with improved local services and to reduce traffic congestion at the reuse and recycling centres, we operate five green garden waste collection sites every weekend from April until November. All the waste collected at these sites will be composted.
The sites will be open from Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 April 2014 and closed after Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 November 2014.
These sites will only receive bagged, green garden waste from residents with a Bromley waste permit. Please do not put your garden waste in builders' sacks, as these are too heavy to be lifted safely.
No commercial garden waste will be accepted.
|Yes please||No thanks|
|Grass cuttings||Tree trunks and large branches|
|Prunings (no bigger than 2 inches round)||Soil and rubble|
|Dead plants||Garden furniture, flower pots and plastic debris|
The scheme operates every weekend at the following times and locations:
Saturdays : 11am - 4pm
Sundays: 8am - 12noon
Local collection sites:
- Beckenham, Unicorn Primary School (Creswell Drive off South Eden Park Road). Please note this site will be closed on Saturday 5 July for one day
- Biggin Hill, Charles Darwin School (Jail Lane)
- Bromley, Norman Park (Hook Farm Road entrance off Bromley Common, A21). Please note this site will be closed on Sunday 8 June for one day
- Green Street Green, Salt Depot (Shire Lane 'spur', off Sevenoaks Road)
- St Paul's Cray, Cotmandene Crescent car park (off Chipperfield Road)
Please note: The St George's Road car park site in Beckenham has closed and is replaced by the Unicorn Primary School car park in Creswell Drive.
No green garden waste can be accepted outside these operating times. Sites will be closely monitored and all fly tippers will be prosecuted.
The service is free to Bromley residents who take their waste permit or a recent utility bill.