Blue Badge application and payment
Please use this form to make an application for a Blue Badge for adults and children over three.
You should allow 6 - 8 weeks for your application to be processed.
You will need to attach to this form or provide to us the following information;
- Proof of residency (Attached in a word document)
- Proof of identity (Attached in a word document - any of the following; Birth Certificate, Passport, Driving Licence, Marriage/Divorce Certificate, Civil Partnership Certificate, Certificate of British Nationality, HM Forces ID card, Identity card for Foreign Nationals)
- 1 recent passport sized photo (Attached in a word document)
- Medical information - a copy of a recent letter from a healthcare professional
- Attachments must not exceed 15MB in total if attached to this form.
Who can apply
You may qualify automatically for a Blue Badge if you;
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or 8 points or more under the Moving Around activity of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment ;
- receive a War Pensioners` Mobility Supplement;
- use a motor vehicle supplied for disabled people by a Government Health Department;
- are registered blind.
You may be issued with a Blue Badge if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Drive a vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms and is unable to operate, or have considerable difficulty in operating, all or some types of parking meter; or
- Have a permanent and substantial disability that causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
In addition, children under the age of three may be eligible for a badge if they fall within either or both of the following descriptions:
- A child who, on account of a condition, must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty;
- A child who, on account of a condition, must always be kept near a motor vehicle so that, if necessary, treatment for that condition can be given in the vehicle or the child can be taken quickly in the vehicle to a place where such treatment can be given.
Please note you will need to make a payment of £10 with this application.
If you are making an application for a child aged three or under or for an organisation please don't use this form but choose the appropriate form below.
Our payment service provider Capita has updated the security used when you make a payment online. If you are using older software and versions of web browsers you may find that you are unable to complete payments on this website.
Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at www.bromley.gov.uk/privacy
Please only use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, not your browser back button.