Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know
Published Thursday, 4 June 2020
Information during the current pandemic.
Visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest government advice.
In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) national emergency, we have adjusted a number of our services. Our receptions are now closed until further notice, you can still contact us online and by phone.
The website is available 24/7 and there are many services you can access online. Find out how you can contact us
- Adult care
- Births, deaths, weddings and civil partnership ceremonies
- Bromley Education Business Partnership
- Children and Family Centres (Bromley Children Project)
- Council tax
- Early years and childcare
- Housing advice
- Parks and open spaces
- Procurement - guidance letter to providers
- Schools and colleges
- Special educational needs and disabilities - SEND
- Report a non-essential business which remains open
- Waste and recycling service changes
We are keeping residents up to date with local service information at this difficult time with our online newsletter.
You can read the COVID-19 special edition of Update which is being distributed to residents across the borough in June.
We recognise that these are exceptionally difficult times for businesses - please see our business advice and guidance pages
Help for vulnerable adults
Helping others and how you can get involved.
Parking for emergency service workers
- NHS Track and Trace: How it works (GOV.UK)
- Public – latest updates (GOV.UK)
- Stay at home (self-isolation) guidance (GOV.UK)
- Professionals – latest updates (GOV.UK)
- NHS website for information on the virus and how to prevent it spreading
- Travel advice has been provided by the government, be sure to read this if you are planning any trips abroad in the near future.
- Follow Public Health England on Twitter for the latest advice, facts and figures as they are announced.
Former Mayor of Bromley’s message
Council news releases
Small businesses can apply for new Local Economy Business Grant - published 3 June 2020
Keep mind and body fit with Bromley Libraries in lockdown - published 27 May 2020
Norman Park (Hayes Lane entrance) car park temporarily closed to support Covid testing programme - published 23 May 2020
Councillor Diane Smith thanks Covid-19 volunteers - published 22 May 2020
COVID-19 business grant enquiries still welcome - published 20 May 2020
Bromley online library use soars as lockdown creates ‘Libraries Without Walls’ - published 12 May 2020
Temporary re-opening of green garden waste sites - published 4 May 2020
Churchfields and Waldo Road to reopen by appointment only - published 2 May 2020
Emergency coronavirus funding announced for Bromley voluntary sector - published 1 May 2020
Paper recycling collections on Saturday and public #StreetSmiles thanks - published 24 April 2020
Parks and greenspace visitors need to follow guidelines - published 9 April 2020
Bromley Council is asked to share COVID-19 expertise with other social care professionals - published 6 April 2020
Beware of Coronavirus scams - published 30 March 2020
COVID-19 statement from the Leader of Bromley Council - published 23 March 2020
Coronavirus Covid-19: School closures guidance - published 18 March 2020
Volunteering to help those facing self-isolation in the fight against Covid-19 - published 17 March 2020
Council keeping In Touch in terms of the latest COVID-19 advice - published 9 March 2020
Health and wellbeing
For general health advice please visit www.bromley.gov.uk/health.