04: 180-184 High Street (HSBC Bank)

Description A stop on the Bromley North Village heritage trail
Location High Street / Church Road
Built/designed Built 1888 to provide shop premises. Designed by Walter Albert Williams, it was built in the Flemish style of red brick in Flemish bond, with stone dressings and tiled roofs with brick chimneystacks.
History Example of the late Victorian Arts and Crafts movement towards a more traditional form of architecture, paying close attention to detail and materials. These buildings capture the essence of the old market town, relying upon the use of red brick with white painted window frames, steeply pitched roofs with plain tiles or slates, hanging tiles, and stone dressings and doorcases.
Did you know? Above the first floor windows on the corner are terracotta carvings which include the letters 'C' and 'H' for Covell and Harris, the butchers
Image Image for <?php print encodeHtml($field->title); ?> directory
Map
Continue walk Walking between Primark and the Market Building walk north to Church Road, turn left and stop at the flint walls of the parish church.

Search the directory

Distance