We work with our pest control contractors SDK Environmental Ltd (trading as Dial A Pest) who offer pest control services. You can also book and pay for your treatment online. They can help in identifying the particular animal or insect and either arrange for a treatment to be carried out or, where no service is available, advise on what steps can be taken to resolve the problem. This service is chargeable.
Our contractor treats for rats and mice and a wide range of insect pests, including fleas, beetles, bedbugs and certain moths. The service offered for cockroaches or ant species, which require specialist treatment, is not included in the price quoted below and would require a survey and separate quote.
The services for the rats, mice and insects offered by the contractor are chargeable. Prices include VAT.
- Rats in domestic premises: £73.20 - book an appointment online for full treatment (this includes up to 3 visits if required).
- Mice in domestic premises: £73.20 - book an appointment online for full treatment (this includes up to 3 visits if required).
- Squirrels £108.84 - book an appointment online
- Cockroaches £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Carpet Beetles £96.96
- Cluster Flies £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Moths £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Wasps £53.76 - book an appointment online
- Bedbugs £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Fleas £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Black Ants £96.96 - book an appointment online
- Pharaoh’s Ants £96.96
Garden Ants £96.96
Ghost Ants £96.96
Please note that a service is not provided for all types of insect. These prices are subject to annual review. Rats and mice in commercial premises - by quote.
How the Council investigates pest complaints
The council has specific legal powers within the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, to take steps to ensure that owners and occupiers of land keep their land free from large numbers of rats and mice. The legislation provides the Council with powers to require the owner or occupier of land infested by rats or mice to take any steps that are deemed to be necessary to deal with the infestation.
Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 we can investigate whether insects emanating from a commercial premises are causing a statutory nuisance.
The Council can also investigate whether a premises is in a verminous state and give notice to the owner or occupier to remedy this. Failure to remedy can result in legal action and the Council undertaking the works in default, recouping charges borne from the person responsible.
If you want to report a pest control matter arising from a property you do not own, please contact us on 0300 303 8657 to make a report.
There is detailed information about the different types of pests and advice about how you can deal with them.