Cycle Maintenance Course
- Date: 29 June 2019
- Location: 32nd Scouts Hall, George Lane, Hayes, BR2 7LG
- Time: 09:00 - 15:00
- Cost: £35
Would you like to learn how to maintain your bicycle? Our one day courses will be run by qualified cycle mechanics to develop your knowledge of bicycle maintenance.
Cycle maintenance course Do your gears jump? Do your brakes no longer stop you? We can help you to learn to fix these problems!
By keeping the group size to a maximum of 8 you will work together with fully trained and qualified cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
Our aim is to ensure that participants leave at the end of the course with the confidence to remedy common problems on their bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade • learning about tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Learning how to clean and lubricate brake & gear cables
Minimum age is 18 years.
To reserve a place, please complete the online form. We will then contact you to confirm your booking and take card payment. Please note, only credit/debit cards are accepted and bookings are non-refundable. Minimum age is 18 years
Course Organiser: LBB Road Safety Team
Telephone: 020 8313 4546