All upcoming events
- Date: 26 January 2019
- Location: Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham BR3 3BP
- Time: 19:45 - 21:45
- Cost: £16, £13, £9 (children £6.50, £8)
Bromley Symphony Orchestra's January concert
Mozart’s small-but-perfectly-formed Symphony 32 precedes the internationally renowned John Lill, who joins us in Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto. Then, Mahler’s monumental First Symphony (the ‘Titan’).
Organiser: Bromley Symphony Orchestra
- Date: 31 January 2019 - 14 March 2019
- Every week
- Location: Mottingham Community and Learning Shop, 1-2 Cranley Parade, Beaconsfield Road, Mottingham SE9 4DZ
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Cost: £5.00
Cake decoration course...
Learn how to coat a cake with buttercream and sugar paste and decorate it for a special occasion with shapes, piping and basic models. You will build up your skills using a variety of materials.
This course is for adults living, working or volunteering in the London Borough of Bromley. please contact the team at The Mottingham Community and Learning Shop for more details or to book a place.
Event organiser: Mottingham Community and Learning Shop
Telephone: 0208 860 1150
- Date: 4 February 2019
- Location: Sundridge Park Working Mens Club, 134 Burnt Ash Lane, BR! 5AF
- Time: 20:30 - 22:55
- Cost: £8
A regular monthly gig, on the first Monday of each month, A 16-piece big band, featuring top-class local musicians alongside young graduates from Trinity Laban Conservatoire.
Playing an entertaining and unique mix of big band jazz, including classic charts from the 50s, 60s and 70s from the likes of Count Basie, Woody Herman, Maynard Ferguson and Thad Jones, plus lesser known gems of British and American jazz, and more recent music from local composers.
For full details check out our Facebook page. All welcome!
Event organiser: Mick Collins Jazz Orchestra
- Date: 9 February 2019
- Location: Mencap Lodge in Norman Park, BR2 9SX (nearest Hook Farm Road entrance)
- Time: 09:00 - 15:00
- Cost: £35
Would you like to learn how to maintain your bicycle? Our one day courses will be run by qualified cycle mechanics to develop your knowledge of bicycle maintenance.
Cycle maintenance course Do your gears jump? Do your brakes no longer stop you? We can help you to learn to fix these problems!
By keeping the group size to a maximum of 8 you will work together with fully trained and qualified cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
Our aim is to ensure that participants leave at the end of the course with the confidence to remedy common problems on their bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade • learning about tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Learning how to clean and lubricate brake & gear cables
Minimum age is 18 years.
Courses also take place on 23 March and 18 May 2019.
To reserve a place, please complete the online form. We will then contact you to confirm your booking and take card payment. Please note, only credit/debit cards are accepted and bookings are non-refundable. Minimum age is 18 years
Course Organiser: LBB Road Safety Team
Telephone: 020 8313 4546
- Date: 16 February 2019
- Location: 3rd Floor, Central Library, High Street, Bromley BR1 1EX
- Time: 9:30 - 14:30
- Cost: Free
These sessions are only for prospective or existing childcare providers to provide information and advice on Free Early Education Funding.
If you are a childminder who would like to provide free early education, or if you are a day nursery or pre-school and you have a new member of staff/committee member who needs to understand how the funding works in Bromley or you simply want to update your knowledge, come along to one of our free information sessions.
There are two sessions, starting at 9:30 and 11:30.
Event organiser: Early Years