Events on 23 November 2019
- Date: 23 November 2019
- Location: 5th Scouts Hall, 157 Bromley Common, BR2 9RJ (Next to Toby Carvery – The Crown)
- Time: 09:00 - 15:00
- Cost: £35
This course is fully booked - Cycle maintenance course
Cycle maintenance course Do your gears jump? Do your brakes no longer stop you? We can help you to learn to fix these problems!
By keeping the group size to a maximum of 8 you will work together with fully trained and qualified cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
Our aim is to ensure that participants leave at the end of the course with the confidence to remedy common problems on their bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade • learning about tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Learning how to clean and lubricate brake & gear cables
Minimum age is 18 years.
To confirm your booking a payment link will be emailed to you. Only credit/debit cards are accepted and payments are non-refundable. We require 14 days’ notice if you need to re schedule.
Course Organiser: LBB Road Safety Team
Telephone: 020 8313 4546