Events for 1 Aug 2019 - 31 Aug 2019
- Date: 5 August 2019 - 19 August 2019
- Every week
- Location: Beckenham Methodist Church, Bromley Road, Beckenham, BR3 5JE (corner of Bevington Road)
- Time: 19:45 - 22:00
- Cost: Free
Interested in choral singing? Give it a try. Meet the friendly members of the South London Singers as we work on a lovely piece of Dvorak.
Are you someone who used to sing in a school, church or other choir and misses the fun? Do you want to see to see if you still have a voice? Are you a choral singer missing singing because their regular choir is on its summer lay-off? Do you rack up big water bills because you linger singing in the bath? Are you between 17 and 117 years of age? Are you desperate for a Monday evening free of politics? Are you just interested to see how musical notes on a page turn into a choral performance?
The South London Singers would like to invite you to join us for one or more of our choral ‘Summer Sing’ workshops and meet our new Director, Nick Wibberley.
The sessions are on 5, 12 and 19 August 2019 .The third session will conclude with a relaxed performance of the music worked on (Dvorak’s pastoral Mass in D and other shorter items) and an opportunity for a chat and light refreshments.
There is no charge for attendance and no commitment to join the choir although we are keen to grow our membership in all voices.
Do come along and enjoy working with this friendly choir. It would be helpful to know if you intend to come along: please phone Mary or David on 020 8656 2815.
Further information about the choir can be found on our website: www.southlondonsingers.org.uk
- Date: 7 August 2019 - 28 August 2019
- Every week
- Location: Crofton Roman Villa, Crofton Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 8AF
- Time: 10:30 - 12:30
- Cost: £4 per child with adult carer free
Find out about horrible habits through the ages from the Celts to the Victorians...
You can choose to make a mask and get an information sheet from your favourite period in history to take home. Or you can make a collage picture from your favourite period in history.
Sessions at 10.30am. For up to 11 year olds. No booking needed. Children to be accompanied.
Sessions taking place every Wednesday in August.
Car parking available off York Rise. The villa is adjacent to Orpington Station.
- Date: 21 August 2019
- Location: Aqua Restaurant, 4-6, Market Parade, East Street, Bromley BR1 1QN
- Time: 12:30 - 14:00
- Cost: £28
Our Bromley Business Women's Networking Lunch meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month...
If you need more business, more contacts, support, a warm welcome, advice, expertise and to connect with other focused, savvy business women - you're in the right place! 1230 TWC is an effective, dynamic network of meetings and events where like-minded business women meet to inspire, share experiences, strengthen and grow their businesses through building trusted business relationships. If you would like to network and market your business with other like-minded supportive business women
- Learn new networking skills and make contacts to help your business grow
- Discover the secrets of business success from other entrepreneurs
- Discover the support readily given at 1230 TWC meetings
- Learn from workshops, guest speakers and other attendees
- When you join 1230 TWC, you will become a member of the whole network with far reaching networking opportunities.
Have your 1 minute talk prepared (please ask if you'd like a copy of the 1230 TWC 1 minute talk guideline).
To book, please visit https://1230.co.uk/bromley-business-networking-lunch/
Organiser: Jackie Groundsell