The 2 tick disability award scheme
We have been accredited with the 2 tick disability symbol which recognises our commitment to good practice in employing people with disabilities.
To qualify for the 2 Tick Disability Symbol, we signed up to the following five commitments:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria and consider them on their abilities.
- Review the development needs of disabled employees at least once a year.
- Make every effort to ensure employees can stay in employment if they become disabled.
- Take action to develop disability awareness among key employees.
- Review these commitments annually, to improve and publicise progress and future plans.
The 2 tick disability symbol aims to ensure that people with disabilities feel confident that their employer, or potential employer, will be positive about their abilities.