Retail Office Industry and Leisure Study
Retail, Office, Industry and Leisure Study
In March 2011 the council instructed DTZ to prepare a Retail, Office, Industry, Leisure and Office Study. The report provides a robust evidence base to underpin our upcoming Local Plan policies for retail and employment growth.
The study comprises:
- An update to DTZ's 2004 and 2009 retail capacity studies to provide individual forecasts of retail capacity for Bromley Town Centre, Orpington Town Centre Beckenham, Penge, Petts Wood and West Wickham (District Town Centres) as well as the group of Local Centres (Biggin Hill, Chislehurst, Hayes, Locksbottom and Mottingham).
- A qualitative assessment of the opportunities for leisure growth.
- Identification of the potential for office development in the key town centres of Bromley and Orpington.
- Assessment of the likely employment effects of office growth.
- An update of the employment land study carried out for the Council by GVA Grimley in January 2010.
View or download the Retail, Office, Industry, Leisure and Office Study