Local Offer - social care

This section of our Local Offer explains how children and young people up to the age of 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families are supported by social care services in Bromley.

Our aim is to make sure those children and young people with SEND receive social care services that match their level of need and that they and their families or carers are fully involved in helping us to plan them.

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

During the pandemic our services will have adapted to meet this developing situation. Find our latest service updates.

Children’s disability service 0 – 25 yrs

The children's disability service provides information about the service and support available to children, young people and families in Bromley.

Short breaks for children and young people

Providing opportunities for disabled children and young people to relax and have fun away from their families or main carers. Find out more about short breaks for children and young people

Early years childcare

Find the childcare options in your area including those for children with SEND.

Breaks for parents and carers

Find out how we can help parents and carers to take a break.

Support for parent carers

You are a parent carer if you look after a child under the age of 18 who has disabilities, a long-term health condition or learning difficulties. Find out about support for parent carers.

Support for adult carers

Learn more about the support available to you when your child turns 18 and your role changes from a parent carer to an adult carer.

Support for young carers

Information for young carers (children under 18 with caring responsibilities).

Occupational therapy for children 0 - 18 years

Helping you to look at the things you might need to remain independent at home, to manage your everyday living needs or to make caring easier for you or your family. Find out about occupational therapy for children.

Universal children’s social care

We provide services that protect, care for and support the most vulnerable children and young people in the borough. Find out more about children's social care

Bromley Children Project

The Bromley Children Project is a borough wide service that supports families living in Bromley to create a safe, secure and happy environment for all children. 

Moving to adult services 18+

We are committed to making the move to adult services clear and easy for young people. Learn more about the transition to adult care.

16+ leaving care team

The 16+ leaving care team provides help and support to children and young people who are 16 or older and looked after by our social services and leaving care.

Youth offending service (YOS)

Providing children or young peope with special educational needs who enter the youth offending service (YOS) with a tailored provison to identify and respond to their needs.

Early adult intervention

Our adult early intervention service is the main access point for people wanting to contact adult social care services either about themselves or someone else

Personal budgets and direct payments

Find out more about personal budgets and direct payments and eligibility.

Direct payments - easy read leaflet

Bromley Safeguarding Board

Learn about the Bromley Safeguarding Children Partnership

Social care law

Mental Capacity Act

Childrens & Families Act and Care Act factsheet

The Children Act 2004

Mental Health Act code of practice

The young persons guide to the Children & Families Act 2014 

Care Act factsheets