Talk to other parents and carers through existing support forums
- Bromley Parent Voice's online forum - Share experiences and exchange views on about how you cope with a disabled child
- Contact a Family online community - Chat to other families online about anything and everything that affects you and your child - from medical condition to healthcare, holidays and higher education
- Mumsnet - Mumsnet has an active special needs forum
- Parents of Disabled Children - A forum aimed at parent carers with sections on Benefits, Education, Healthcare and Community. There is also a place for general chats and to meet people
- Scope's online community - An online disability forum for disabled people, parents and carers to get disability advice and information, and talk to people with similar experiences
- SENDirect BlogSpot - A space for parents, carers, their children and just about anyone really who wants to tell their stories, impart their wisdom or just plain SHOUT to get online and do it
- You’re Able Forum - A forum run by Disabled Living Foundation aimed primarily at disabled people of working age. It contains a section on children’s disability equipment
- SENCo Forum - A forum for SENCOs and staff teaching children with SEN to find answers to SEND teaching questions and share knowledge - hosted by the Department for Education
Need more help? Find out who to talk to?
Contact the Information, Advice and Support Service for free, impartial information, advice and support for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Support is also offered to children and young people with SEND. They can also help provide information in a non web format.