Making an application for primary school
Applying to transfer from Infant to Junior School (Year 2 to Year 3)
Parent/carers of children in Year 2 at infant schools must apply online for a Year 3 place at their linked junior/primary school. Access to the admissions system is from their own local authority websites.
- Children resident in Bromley in Year 2 at an infant school - apply online at http://www.eadmissions.org.uk/ from 1 September 2018.
- Children resident out of borough in Year 2 at Bromley infant schools - applications are via the authority where council tax is paid.
More information and advice is provided in the infant to junior transfer leaflet.
Key dates for 2019
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 - application closing date.
- Tuesday 16 April 2019 - offer day.
- Tuesday 30 April 2019 - deadline for acceptance of offer.
Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) should not apply online for their Year 3 place. Contact the Special Educational Needs Group on 020 8461 7317 / 020 8313 4739 for further information.
Applications for Year 3 places – September 2019
Year 2 children in infant schools wishing to apply for a Year 3 place in a school other than their linked junior/primary should complete a paper primary in-year application form.
Year 2 children who do not attend an infant school and wish to apply for a junior school, must apply through the In Year process.