Funded early education and childcare for two year olds
How does it work?
- Some two-year olds are entitled to 570 hours of funded early education and childcare per year
- This is usually known as 15 hours funding because children can have a maximum of 15 hours per week over the school year (38 weeks)
- However, you can access the 570 hours over any number of weeks, between 38 and 52 weeks. You could use less hours over more weeks if you wish to or use the maximum 15 hours over term time weeks only.
Have you received a golden ticket?
- If you receive a golden ticket you are entitled to 2-year-old funding!
- All you need to do is take your golden ticket to your chosen provider and arrange a place for your 2-year-old
- Your ticket has a code unique to you on it so can only be redeemed by you
- If you haven’t received a golden ticket but believe you are eligible, your provider can still check for you
Are you eligible?
Did you know?
- Children who are eligible for the 2 year old funding, get to keep the it right up to when they can claim 3&4 year old year funding
- Your child does not have to use the full 15 hours – they can use as many or as little as you wish
Important to know
- Eligible children can claim the term after they turn 2
- Term start dates are 1 September, 1 January and 1 April
When to apply
We suggest that you apply during the term that your child turns 2, so that they can start claiming the term after their birthday
|When your child turns 2||When to apply for 15 hours||When your child can start using 15 hours|
|Between 1 January and 31 March||Between 1 January and 31 March||1 April - start of summer term|
|Between 1 April and 31 August||Between 1 April and 31 August||1 September - start of autumn term|
|Between 1 September and 31 December||Between 1 September and 31 December||1 January - start of spring term|
How to apply
- You may have received a golden ticket – if you did, you are automatically eligible
- Speak to your chosen provider, they can check your eligibility by adding your child to our system
Apply online using the Bromley eligibility checker. You will be given a code, take this code to your provider