Bromley Welfare Fund
This a is a scheme is to help Bromley residents on low incomes to:
- Establish in the community following a stay in temporary accommodation provided by Bromley Council
- Establish in the community following a stay in hospital or similar settings
- Maintain a home in the community
- Settle in to accommodation when they are discharged from the council’s homeless duty
The scheme will cover applications for the following:
- Furniture – beds only
- Household equipment – cooker, fridge freezer
Awards are discretionary. The funding for the scheme is limited, so we may not be able to help everyone in need. There is no duty on the council to make an award and each application will be considered on its own merits.
We are unable to give awards for emergency payments or for replacement goods.
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted for Bromley residents by referral from one of the following:
- Support and Resettlement Officer
- Case Worker
- Care Manager
- Housing Officer
If your application is successful
We contact the person who referred you to the Welfare Fund.
Where possible you should receive any items awarded to you within 5 working days.
The provider of the items will contact you directly (or the person you have nominated) to arrange dates and times for delivery, it’s essential that all contact information is accurate and up to date. You need to make sure that you are available for delivery as items will not be held or redelivered.
Further help and advice
There are many different independent organisations that can help you if you are having financial problems.