Building control administrative charges
Building Control administrative charges
Please note: the fees information below does not contain the fees that are applicable to Building Regulation applications. Those fees are set out in various schedules which can be viewed with the relevant application form.
- Members of the public do not have a right to inspect plans deposited under the Building Byelaws or Regulations except in the following situation: the owner of the property or their agent can examine previously submitted plans provided they are doing so to get information that will help them either prepare a proposed application under the Building Regulations or carry out works under construction.
- Plans are protected under the Copyright Act so we can supply copies only with the express permission of the plan drawer except in the following situation:the owner of the property who was the plan drawer's client can get copies for preparing an application under the Building Regulations.
Our charges are:
- Additional completion certificates £40
- Copies of decision notices £7.60.
Written replies to enquiries (please allow 10 working days; most are dealt with within 5 days):
- Solicitors' enquiries (per question) £40
- Works not completed or no notice of completion given - letter confirming no action can be taken by the local authority £40
- Works carried out without approval - letter confirming no action can be taken by the local authority £40
Copying and/or viewing drawings from Building Regulation applications (see above for conditions of copying)
- Requests to research plans must be made in writing and we will charge a minimum non-refundable fee of £60 before investigating archived documents. (If copies can be made available, additional copying charges will apply.)
Copies of Copyright Plans
- A4 extracts £2.00
- A3 extracts £3.30
- Full size print £10.50
- Reproducing plans from microfilm (to approx scale) A4-A2 £6.30.
Cheques should be made payable to 'Bromley LB (Building Control)'. Please note, VAT applies to all items above and has been included in the cost shown.