Building regulations - a guide

When can I start work?

Once you have given a Building Notice or submitted Full Plans, you can start work at any time, but you must give the Local Authority a Commencement Notice at least two clear days (not including the day on which you give notice and any Saturday, Sunday, Bank or public holiday) before doing so.

Building control


Tel: 020 8313 4313

Fax: 020 8313 4604

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH