Business rates payment

Overpayment of business rates

If you receive a bill showing a credit you will need to make a written request for a refund of the overpayment.

If a credit occurs due to an amendment by the Valuation Office you may be awarded interest on the overpayment. Where an account is in an individuals name tax will be deducted. No interest will be paid if a liability order has been obtained in the relevant year.

Upon receiving a refund request we aim to process the refund within 10 working days.

Credits may be used to offset any arrears only if requested.

We will not issue a refund if instalments are not maintained in the current year. We will usually transfer an amount to bring the account up to date and refund the remainder, if any.

If you require more information or for details of where to send your request for a refund, please contact us.

Business rates


Tel: 0300 303 8659

Fax: 0208 464 8016

PO Box 126, Bromley, BR1 3ZT