Grants for independent public houses, bars and licensed social and sports clubs

The council has approved the first phase of the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme to support local businesses.

As part of this scheme we are inviting independent pubs, social clubs and sports club within the London Borough of Bromley to apply for a discretionary support payment.


To apply for this payment , you must be an independent 

  • Public house
  • Bar
  • Licensed social and sports club

Other criteria:  

The business must have less than 250 employees in the overall business (i.e. not national chains)

The applicant must be able to state and confirm impact on your business income

You must show a commitment to re-open your venue once guidance allows

Applicants may be rate payers or non-ratepayers

The business must not have breached Covid regulations, receiving a fine or warning

Applicants must be the owner or representative of the owner  

What can I claim?    

Claim amounts
RV or annual fixed commercial property costs Maximum grant available
Up to 15k  £4,500
£15,001 to £50,999 £7,500
£51k or higher  £10,500
Non rate payers will be eligible for a one off grant of £3k


This funding will be provided on a first come, first served, basis.  Once funding has been utilised this fund will close.

Apply for support payment

Support for wet-led pubs

Are you eligible for the Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs?

This one off grant of £1,000 is for pubs that predominantly serve alcohol and were affected by the Tier 2 and 3 local restrictions over the Christmas period.

Final applications must be received by 31 January 2021.

 Check the eligibility criteria.

Apply for  wet-led pub Christmas Support Payment