Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
This is a grant for businesses that pay business rates and have been mandated by government that they must close under Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions.
The London Borough of Bromley (LBB) was in Tier 2 from 17 October – 4 November and 2 December – 15 December 2020.
On 16 December LBB entered Tier 3 until 19 December 2020.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- is based in England
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- has been required to close because of local restrictions
- was trading the day before the restrictions came into force. Some indicators that a business is trading are:
- The business has staff on furlough
- The business continues to trade online, via click and collect services etc.
- The business is not in liquidation, dissolved, struck off or subject to a striking of notice or under notice
- The business is engaged in business activity, managing accounts, preparing for reopening, planning and implementing COVID-safe measures
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
Eligible businesses can get one grant for each non-domestic property.
Final applications must be received by 31 March 2021 and no payments will be made after 30 April 2021.
What you will get
Payment is based on the rateable value (RV) of your business property. Payment is for each 14-day period your business is closed.
RV of £15,000 or less £667
RV over £15,000 and less than £51, 000 £1,000
RV £51,000 and above £1,500
Businesses will be invited by email to apply for a renewal grant if they are eligible.
Further information about your grant claim
How and when the grant payment will be made
Our service partners, Liberata will be validating your claim and evidence. The email address will be from a liberata.com email address and is safe.
Grant claims will be processed in date order and we aim to validate claims within five working days of receipt of all information required.
We will send you an email to confirm we have received your claim and we will keep in contact with you by text message or email.
Liberata may also contact you to clarify a point or to request further evidence on behalf of the council by telephone or email.
The grant payment is payable to the ratepayer. The payment will be paid directly into the nominated bank account within five working days of your claim being validated.
How to contact us about your claim
You can contact us and send further documentary evidence using the contact us form.
There is no call centre facility for this service however we will aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.