Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
Central government has provided funding to support businesses with a rateable value in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation and selected sectors that remained open, but were severely affected during the period of local COVID alert level : High (Tier 2) and COVID alert level : Very High (Tier 3)
The London Borough of Bromley was in Tier 2 between 17 October and 4 November 2020 and 2 December to 15 December 2020 and Tier 3 between 16 and 19 December 2020.
The scheme will remain open for two weeks and funding will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To be eligible, the business must pay business rates in Bromley, have been open during the period of local Covid-19 alert level: High (Tier 2) and Very High (Tier 3), between 17 October to 4 November 2020, 2 December to 15 December 2020 or 16 December to 19 December and have been severely affected by the pandemic.
Businesses in the following sectors are able to apply
- Animal grooming facilities
- Audiology services
- Beauty salons
- Dry cleaners
- Event and hospitality suppliers
- Nail salons
- Tanning salons
- Tattoo parlours
- Taxi or vehicle hire businesses
- Veterinary surgeons
To apply, your business must:
- occupy a commercial premises included in the ratings list in the London Borough of Bromley.
- be able to provide evidence to show that the business was trading prior to and during Tier 2 and Tier 3 local restrictions
- be in the list of eligible sectors listed (except national betting chains and takeaways)
- be able to provide evidence that your business was severely impacted during Tier 2 and Tier 3 Covid-19 restriction due to a drop in income, loss of orders or reduction in customer numbers
- not be insolvent
- meet state aid requirements
Your business will not be eligible if:
- It is not in one of the sectors listed
- Your business was not open during Local Covid Alert Level: High (Tier 2) and Very High (Tier 3) restriction periods
- Your business does not occupy a commercial premises included in the ratings list
- National betting chains and takeaways are not eligible for this scheme
- The council will reserve the right to request further documentation as necessary.
Initial one-off payments will be as follows:
|Rateable Value below or equal to £15k – grant of up to £500.00|
|Rateable Value more than £15k and less than or equal to £51k – grant of up to £900.00|
|RV greater than £51k – grant of up to £1,200.00|
A subsequent payment may be made to allocate any remaining funding.