Additional Restrictions Grant - home based business scheme
Applications are now being encouraged from businesses who may be eligible to apply for the home based business grant. We will assess applications in the order they are received, making payments until the £400k fund that is available is fully utilised. You can only receive the home based business grant once.
Businesses looking to apply for this grant, are advised to apply as soon as possible as the closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 4 July.
To be eligible for a grant
- You must be a business, with no more than two employees (including yourself).
- You have unavoidable fixed costs. This could include property costs, vehicle costs, professional fees, software, technology, phone costs, insurance, and any other unavoidable fixed cost.
- You have been actively trading since 21 April 2021.
- Your annual turnover is less than £10.2m.
- Your income from this business is as least 50 percent of your primary income.
- You can self-declare that your business has been impacted financially by Covid-19.
- You must not be registered for business rates.
- You run your business from your home, rented office space/desk or other site that is not registered for business rates.
- You must not be in administration or be insolvent.
- You must not have been issued a fine or warning for breach of Covid-19 rules.
What can your business claim?
If you have a business that is eligible for this grant, you can claim up to a total of £2k by evidencing an unavoidable fixed cost and by providing a business bank statement dated within the last three months.
Submitting your application
- You can select any business bank statement within the last three months
- You will need to submit evidence of the business fixed cost.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that making a grant application will not take you above the state aid threshold.
- You will be asked to confirm that your business has not breached any Covid-19 regulations, either receiving a fine or a warning for breach. You will not be eligible for this grant if you have.
- You will be required to pay grants back if your claim is deemed fraudulent and/or if you cannot provide detailed accounts when required to do so.
These grants are on a first come first served basis. We will aim to close the grant as soon as we think we are close to the capacity of funding we have.
If we need further information from you once you have submitted your application, we can only attempt to contact you twice, after which we will withdraw your application.
The validation checks required to make a decision on your claim may take between 10 and 15 working days. This is because we will be using tools recommended by the government that are provided by external organisations. You will not hear from us until we have completed the checks.