Business start up
Seeking advice at an early stage will start your new business off on the best footing. Whether you are developing your business plan, looking for business premises or marketing your products and services, help is at hand.
- HM Revenue and Customs - information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you are self employed or a sole trader.
- London Growth Hub - learn more about how the Mayor of London can support you and your business
- London South East Colleges - for advice, business skills training and ongoing support please contact the commercial team at London South East Colleges. Whether you are an employer or looking to set up a new business London South East Colleges have a variety of courses to suit your individual needs. All the professional and training courses are developed in partnership with employers to ensure they are relevant to today’s job market and all lead to a recognised industry qualification.
- Federation of Small Businesses - offers members a wide range of business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government.
- Start Up Bromley - Bromley libraries are offering free support to new and existing business owners to help transform creative ideas into successful businesses. Start Up Bromley members can access a free support package which includes workshops, seminars, business lounge access and 1-2-1 support for aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs. There are business hubs located in Bromley Central and Orpington libraries.
- Apply for a start up loan for your business
- Business Advice Service - free advice to start ups and SMEs provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Great Business - dedicated website providing information on all business support available from the UK government
- Start Up Donut - free online business advice for starting up. Also contains useful information for existing business owners
- ActionCoach - for local businesses in Bromley ActionCoach offers a free 1:1 session from a leading business expert to help SMEs get more out of their business
- Business Doctors Bromley - Business Doctors offers a free workshop for businesses looking to maximise returns while spending less time in the day to day running of the business.
- South East London Business Network SELBN - Your region's business network. 21st Century networking and marketing for small business.
- South East London Chamber of Commerce - is in business for business, providing companies with practical support and excellent networking opportunities.
- How to Start a Business as a Student - free business guide tailored specifically for students who want to start their own business during their time in further or higher education.
The list above is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Inclusion of any particular organisation or website should not be taken to denote endorsement by the London Borough of Bromley.
If you are a local business start up organisation and would like to be included in the list please email us.
Successful Mums Career Academy
Successful Mums Career Academy have won funding from the Mayor of London to work with a limited number of Bromley employers to encourage flexibility and diversity by including more parents into their future workforce. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 020 3633 9672 for more information.
Funded business start up courses or 1-2-1 coaching available with Successful Mums Career Academy for business mums in Bromley. For more information please visit Successful Mums Career Academy website.
Small businesses sign up for free to Enterprise Nation and get connected to events, training, content, and calls with trusted advisers. Every small business also has access to a personalised dashboard to track their support.
If you are still looking for business ideas or would like to find out more about the type of business you want to start, the business opportunity profiles service is an ideal starting point.
Keep up to date with business networking opportunities..
Planning to start a new food business then visit our starting a food business pages. If you are ready to open your new food business you will need to ensure that you register your business at least 28 days before starting to trade.