Early years and childcare

Coronavirus Covid-19: School closures guidance

The government announced on 18 March that all schools, early years settings and colleges should close with effect from the end of the school day on Friday 20 March until further notice.
However schools and early years settings will continue to support children of key workers (emergency services, health services) and vulnerable children.

Guidance for parents and carers on the closure of educational settings

Guidance for schools, childcare providers and colleges

Read more about school closure guidance.

Looking for childcare

Search for childcare options in your area including support for children who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Help with childcare costs

Free entitlement for 2 year olds, 3 and 4 year olds, 30 hours funded childcare and childcare vouchers, tax credits and child benefit.

Children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)

Choosing the best childcare options when your child has an additional need or disability.

Working in childcare 

Setting up a new provision in the borough, becoming a registered childminder or want to work in childcare?

Childcare providers special educational needs and disabilities

Information for childcare providers working with a wide range of additional needs in young children.