Children and Young People's Plan
Bromley’s Children and Young People’s Plan 2018-2021.
In Bromley we have high ambitions for our children and young people. Partners have joined together in the Bromley Children’s Executive Board to reaffirm a commitment to joint planning and delivery of services to improve the life chances of Bromley’s children and young people.
This plan sets out the work that we will undertake to further develop our partnership practice across agencies, to increase integration of services where it makes sense to do so, and to strengthen joint accountability for improving outcomes for local young people.
In the context of national policies and priorities and the needs of the most vulnerable children and young people in Bromley, the plan for 2018-2021 is focused on the following areas.
- early help and intervention to deliver improved outcomes for those affected by disadvantage
- safeguarding children and young people
- children looked after and care leavers
- children with special educational needs and disabilities
- emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people
- enabling communities and securing inclusion
For each priority, the plan outlines :
- the work that is currently being carried out in Bromley
- the data which helps us to understand the needs of children and young people in these vulnerable groups
- the priorities and outcomes that are being worked towards
- how we will measure our successes
We have also published a version of the plan for young people and a poster illustrating the changes we made to the plan following feedback from the followng organisations Living in Care Council, Bromley Youth Council and Bromley Parent Voice.
The Bromley Children's Executive Board has responsibility for developing, producing publishing, reviewing and monitoring the children and young people's plan.