Environmental Information Regulations
The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 are made under The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000. In effect, environmental information is exempt from the Act and is released or withheld under the Regulations. Environmental information covers information on:
- the state of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna and diversity
- genetically modified organisms
- emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation, waste and other such substances
- measures and activities such as policies, plans and agreement;
- reports, cost benefits and economic analysis
- the state of human health and safety, contamination
Is the information already available?
A lot of information about the council and the way we carry out our business is already available on this website, also the council's publication scheme. To search for information, please use the A-Z or search box.
Make a request
If you cannot find the information you want on our website, the quick and easy way to make an information request is to use our online form. We aim to respond to requests as soon as possible and within 20 working days as specified by the Act. If you prefer, you can make a request by letter or use our information request form, but using our online form will ensure your request gets through to the area of the council that can best respond to your enquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have handled a request you can request a review.
Freedom of information
Tel: 020 8464 3333
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH