Due to the national Covid-19 restrictions – we will not be holding any group citizenship ceremonies and therefore we will only be offering virtual citizenship ceremonies.
Booking a ceremony
Please do not contact us until you have received your home office invitation letter.
You would normally be expected to book your citizenship ceremony within 3 months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Due to Coronavirus – UKVI have extended this period to six months. Please be advised that no adverse decisions will be made on applications because of delays caused by coronavirus.
This is the final step on the journey to becoming a British Citizen. You must attend a citizenship ceremony if you are over 18 years of age and living in the UK.
Once you have completed your request the citizenship officer will then be in contact with you within 15 working days to offer you the next available date and time.
The form will ask you;
- Would you like to swear the Oath or declare the Affirmation of allegiance? Details of each are given in your Home Office invitation. Please read this information carefully and decide which you would prefer to do before booking a ceremony.
During the ceremony
- You will be asked to show your Home Office invitation letter and Photo ID to the camera before the ceremony begins
- You will swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the crown
- You will make a pledge to uphold UK values and laws
- Your certificate of naturalisation will be posted by special delivery which you will need to sign for.